The following table is a brief history of Waubay Community Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, as recorded in the souvenir booklet "One-Hundredth Anniversary, Waubay, S.Dak. 1880-1980" held July 4-6, 1980.

Care was made to assure accuracy but no warranties are offered. The data is presented here for genealogical purposes in hopes of helping people locate their ancestors. Information transcribed by Karen Kambestad.

Individuals and non-profit organizations for their private use may freely copy this file. Any other use, including publication, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission by electronic, mechanical, or other means requires the written approval of the file's author. This file is part of the SDGENWEB Archives.

Waubay Community Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance

First organized summer of 1922 in homes and Herold’s Hall, with Fred W. Schelander as pastor as the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church. Pastor Schelander was eighteen years of age and the son of missionaries to India. The Methodist congregation in 1902 built the present church in Garden City. The building was purchased and moved to Waubay November 17, 1924. In 1980, the church was renamed to the Waubay Community Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.

Pastors

Years Served

Fred W. Schelander

1922-1923

L.L. Layne

1923-1924

Ira Schmidt

1924-1925

A.P. Voth

1925-1928

Geo. Stadsklev

1928-1930

Palmer Rupp

1930-1935

B.V. Bean

1935-1937

Ira Root

1938-1939

Maurice Anderson

1939-1940

L. Tole

1940-1945

Eugene Berreth

1945-1948

Leon Eastman

1948-1959

August Bertsch

1960-1968

Dale Groeneweg

1968-1971

Eugene Post

1972-1974

Dennis Thomas

1974-1976

Dennis Groeneweg

1977