The following table is a brief history of United Church of Christ, as recorded in the souvenir booklet "One-Hundredth Anniversary, Waubay, S.Dak. 1880-1980" held July 4-6, 1980.
Care was made to assure accuracy but no warranties are offered. The data is presented here for genealogical purposes in hopes of helping people locate their ancestors. Information transcribed by Karen Kambestad.
Individuals and non-profit organizations for their private use may freely copy this file. Any other use, including publication, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission by electronic, mechanical, or other means requires the written approval of the file's author. This file is part of the SDGENWEB Archives.
United Church of Christ
The first Congregational Church of Waubay was organized February 11, 894 with eighteen charter members. Rev. D. R. Tomlin administered baptism that morning.
Ordination services held in the church for: Rev. Allen Eddy, December 15, 1911 and Rev. Margie Bertsch, July 30, 1978.
The minister at time of print, was Rev. Paul Douglas who also is minister for Summit Methodist Church.