The following table is a brief history of Our Saviorís Lutheran Church, as recorded in the souvenir booklet "One-Hundredth Anniversary, Waubay, S.Dak. 1880-1980" held July 4-6, 1980.

Care was made to assure accuracy but no warranties are offered. The data is presented here for genealogical purposes in hopes of helping people locate their ancestors. Information transcribed by Karen Kambestad.

Individuals and non-profit organizations for their private use may freely copy this file. Any other use, including publication, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission by electronic, mechanical, or other means requires the written approval of the file's author. This file is part of the SDGENWEB Archives.

Our Saviorís Lutheran Church

Our Saviorís Lutheran Church was organized December 10, 1910 in the home of Mons Kittleson. It was originally named The Norwegian Lutheran Church.

The first board members: Andrew Hedman as Secretary.

Anton Carlson Mrs. Anton Carlson Elias Johns

Peder Hedman Mrs. Mons Kittles Ole Leines

Einar Nelson Robert Nelson Sina Nelson

 

Ladies Aid was organized around 1908 with Mrs. Anton Carlson as president and Mrs. Louise Erickson as secretary.

Pastors

H. M. Hemingson

O.C. Olson

T.F. Dahle

E.S. Vik, served 37 years

Willard Olsen

E.M. Mueller

John Wogsland

Howard Stockman