John W. Krueger Biography
This biography appears on page 994 in "History of Dakota Territory" by George W. Kingsbury, Vol. IV (1915) and was scanned, OCRed and edited by Maurice Krueger, email@example.com.
Individuals and non-profit organizations for their private use may freely copy this file. Any other use, including publication, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission by electronic, mechanical, or other means requires the written approval of the file's author. This file is part of the SDGENWEB Archives. If you arrived here inside a frame or from a link from somewhere else, our front door is at http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/sd/sdfiles.htm
John W. Krueger, residing in Erwin, Kingsbury County, is proving a popular and able official as cashier of the Bank of Erwin. His birth occurred in Wisconsin on the 15th of December 1876, his parents being Carl and Genevieve Krueger, who came to South Dakota in 1884, the father purchasing land in Day County. Both Mr. and Mrs. Carl Krueger have passed away.
John W. Krueger attended the public schools in the acquirement of an education and also pursued a business course at Charles City, Iowa. Subsequently he was employed in a store at Andover, South Dakota, for eleven months and afterward was connected with a produce concern at Fargo, North Dakota, for a short time. He next became bookkeeper in the State Bank at Andover and was later promoted to the position of cashier, in which capacity he served for nine years. On the expiration of that period he entered the service of the Day County Land Company, a real-estate concern, and subsequently embarked in the real estate business on his own account at Blunt, Hughes county, being thus engaged for a year and a half. In 1912 he embarked in the hardware business but later sold out and entered the Bank of Erwin as cashier, in which capacity he has ably served to the present time, contributing to the continued growth and success of the institution in an appreciable degree.
On the 7th of January 1908, Mr. Krueger was united in marriage to Miss Eva Hitchcock, a daughter of Gideon Hitchcock. He exercises his right of franchise in support of the men and measures of the republican party and in religious faith is a Fraternally he is identified with the Masons, belonging to the lodge, chapter, commandery and the Mystic Shrine. He is fond of motoring and all outdoor sports and has won the high esteem and friendship of those with whom he has come in contact in both business and social relations.